A clean home and working environment may reduce the spread of infections caused by the common cold or flu. Here at Watkins we are passionate about health and therefore recommend that extra measures have to be taken to reduce viruses from spreading by hard surfaces such as sinks, door and cupboard handles, railings, objects, counters, etc.
The length of time a virus survives on hard surfaces depends on the type of virus. Studies indicate that the flu virus can live and potentially infect a person for up to 48 hours after being deposited on a surface. In most workplaces and homes, cleaning floors, walls, doorknobs, etc. with regular disinfectants or soap and water is quite adequate. It is however very important to know the directions on the cleaning or disinfecting products.
FOR YOUR HOME AND WORKPLACE
• Know the appropriate procedures for general sanitation and infection control.
• Know how to work safely with hazardous products, including bleach.
• Remember to wash your hands with soap and water.
• When you have the flu, cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze.
• Do not share tissues, drinking and eating utensils with people who have the flu.
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth (viruses can transfer from your hands and into the body).
Watkins recommends, Wonder Bleach, All Purpose Cleaner and Herbal Disinfectant.